With over 100 years of combined early years care and education experience, Rainbow Teddies Pre-school employs well experienced, competent, caring staff.
- All staff employed by the setting, or any volunteer attending the setting on a regular basis, are vetted and undertake a check through the Disclousure and Barring Service (DBS).
- All staff have Paediatric First Aid Training Certificates.
- All staff are encouraged to attend courses to gain relevant qualifications, to acquire new skills and to up-date current methods and practices.
- The Special Educational Needs and Disability Co-ordinators (SENDCo) update their training regularly to ensure that current practices are employed within the group.
- We also operate a Key Person system whereby all children are allocated a qualified member of staff who will be responsible for liaising with parents, monitoring the progress of a small group of children and coordinating each child’s Learning Journey Profile.
- Finally, Rainbow Teddies provides very good adult-to-child ratios to ensure the safety of the children in its care. The ratio is at least 1 adult to 4 children for under 3′s and 1 adult to 6 children for 3′s and over.
Nanda joined Raindow Teddies in September 2011 and is our lead safeguarding and child protection officier. Her qualifications include NVQ 4 in Childcare, Learning and Development.
Lynne’s qualifications include a Bachelor of Education and she is an early years specialist. Lynne is our preschool curriculum co-ordinator.
With an NVQ in Childcare and Education Clare helped to set up the Happy Hands toddler group in Thornbury.
Laura has a BA(Hons) in social Social Science and has worked in variety of childcare and education settings since 2002.
Angharad’s qualifications include an NVQ3 in Early Years Care and Education. She has worked in childcare for 14 years, including overseas.
Sarah’s qualifications include an NVQ4 in Childcare. She has worked in a variety of childcare settings for 12 years.
Annie has a NVQ Level 3 in Child Care and Education.
Jo has experience of working in a primary school and being a school governor.
Admin Clerk/Book keeper
Jo provides admin support for the manager of the preschool and is book keeper for the committee.
Our preschool is parent-led. This means that we are run by a Management Committee made up of volunteer parents and carers of the children currently attending our preschool. In line with our Constitution the pre-school cannot exist without it.
The Management Committee is responsible for:-
• managing the preschool’s finances
• employing the staff and manager of the preschool
• ensuring that the preschool has and works towards policies that help it to provide a high-quality service
• ensuring the preschool works in partnership with the childrens’ parents
We also get involved in a whole variety of other activities including:-
• fundraising to buy additional resources and improve the preschool
• organising events for the children, such as the annual Easter Bunny Hop!
• promoting the Pre-school
All parents/carers are invited to the Annual General Meeting which takes place in the first autumn term. During the AGM, nominations are sought for a Chairperson, Vice Chairperson, Secretary and Treasurer, and other supportive roles, for election onto the Management Committee which meets once a term.