With over 100 years of combined early years care and education experience, Rainbow Teddies Pre-school employs well experienced, competent, caring staff.
- All staff employed by the setting, or any volunteer attending the setting on a regular basis, are vetted and undertake a check through the Disclousure and Barring Service (DBS).
- All staff have Paediatric First Aid Training Certificates.
- All staff are encouraged to attend courses to gain relevant qualifications, to acquire new skills and to up-date current methods and practices.
- The Special Educational Needs and Disability Co-ordinators (SENDCo) update their training regularly to ensure that current practices are employed within the group.
- We also operate a Key Person system whereby all children are allocated a qualified member of staff who will be responsible for liaising with parents, monitoring the progress of a small group of children and coordinating each child’s Learning Journey Profile.
- Finally, Rainbow Teddies provides very good adult-to-child ratios to ensure the safety of the children in its care. The ratio is at least 1 adult to 4 children for under 3′s and 1 adult to 6 children for 3′s and over.
Nanda joined Raindow Teddies in September 2011 and is our lead safeguarding and child protection officier. Her qualifications include NVQ 4 in Childcare, Learning and Development.
Lynne’s qualifications include a Bachelor of Education and she is an early years specialist. Lynne is our preschool curriculum co-ordinator.
With an NVQ in Childcare and Education Clare helped to set up the Happy Hands toddler group in Thornbury.
Laura has a BA(Hons) in social Social Science and has worked in a variety of childcare and education settings since 2002. Laura is our Teddy Tot curriculum coordinator and is a session leader.
Angharad’s qualifications include an NVQ3 in Early Years Care and Education. She has worked in childcare for 14 years, including overseas.
Nichola’s qualifications include a CACHE diploma in Nursery Nursing (NNEB). She has worked in a variety of childcare settings for 20 years.
Annie has a NVQ Level 3 in Child Care and Education.
Jo has experience of working in a primary school and being a school governor.
Katy is our book keeper for the committee.
Our preschool is parent-led. This means that we are run by a Management Committee made up of volunteer parents and carers of the children currently attending our preschool. In line with our Constitution the pre-school cannot exist without it.
The Management Committee is responsible for:-
• managing the preschool’s finances
• employing the staff and manager of the preschool
• ensuring that the preschool has and works towards policies that help it to provide a high-quality service
• ensuring the preschool works in partnership with the childrens’ parents
We also get involved in a whole variety of other activities including:-
• fundraising to buy additional resources and improve the preschool
• organising events for the children, such as the annual Easter Bunny Hop!
• promoting the Pre-school
All parents/carers are invited to the Annual General Meeting which takes place in the first autumn term. During the AGM, nominations are sought for a Chairperson, Vice Chairperson, Secretary and Treasurer, and other supportive roles, for election onto the Management Committee which meets once a term.