Established in 1967, Rainbow Teddies Pre-school provides quality learning through play opportunities for the children of Thornbury and the wider community.
Rainbow Teddies Pre-School is a non-profit making charitable organisation. Based at Manorbrook Primary School we have access to a large garden space. The Pre-School is run by a voluntary Management Committee made up of parents and carers of children attending the pre-school.
We are a member of the Pre-school Learning Alliance and we are registered with OFSTED. We received two consecutive ‘Outstanding’ OFSTED reports in October 2015 and July 2009 which can be viewed on the OFSTED website at www.ofsted.gov.uk. We are also registered with the Local Authority to receive the Nursery Grant.
Our overall aim is to provide the opportunity for all children to have access to good quality education, based on a wide-ranging curriculum delivered by well-qualified staff. More specifically, we aim to:-
• Recognise the importance of the home life of the child and build on this foundation by working closely with parents and carers.
• Provide a safe and stimulating environment where children can learn through play, allowing children to gain social skills, confidence and independence through interaction with other children and adults.
• Provide a “Core Curriculum” that aims to meet childrens’ needs by providing a base for development and learning which works alongside activities which have been identified by the child’s ‘key person’ through observations and monitoring.
• Be guided by the children when the play is motivated by a child’s own activity or interest.
• Encourage a caring, sharing attitude between the children, giving rise to self-respect and respect for others.
• Provide the time and opportunity for a child to develop in all areas, through a wide range of experiences and activities that are organised and planned in an enjoyable, secure and caring atmosphere.
• Provide children with activities and experiences which foster an awareness of their environment and the wider world.
• Create opportunities for experience in writing, reading and mathematics.
• Prepare children for the transition from pre-school to full time school.
Above all, our aim is to have FUN!!
If you would like to see for yourself how the pre-school operates during a session parents and children are welcome to visit us at any time. You will be able to meet our staff and ask any questions you may have about our pre-school activities and facilities.
We always welcome extra help from any parent/carer who would like to be more involved with the pre-school. Any help is always appreciated. This can be on either an ad-hoc basis, for example to support a fundraising event, or on a more regular basis by attending committee meetings.